How can I start with Pay by Link?
Create payment links
You can create payment links either in your Customer Area or using the Pay by Link API.
You can create and present a QR code with a payment link on the terminal’s screen and direct your customers to an online checkout.
Add terms and conditions
Note: You must add terms and conditions to the Adyen-hosted payment page. According to consumer law and scheme regulations, you must inform customers of the terms and conditions that apply to their purchase. Make sure to add all required information.
- Log in to your Customer Area.
- Go to Pay by Link > Settings.
- In the Terms and conditionsURL field, add the URL to your terms and conditions.
- Select Save.
How do I enable in-store Pay by Link?
Before you can offer Pay by Link in your store, you need to:
- Make sure that your terms and conditions are available on your website.
- In your Customer Area, add the URL to your terms and conditions.
Contact our POS Support Team to configure your account.
Let them know:
Whether you want to enable the default flow or the automatic flow of in-store Pay by Link.
You can also discuss optional settings. For example, to change these default time-outs:
- Total time that the QR code remains visible (default 115 seconds).
- For the contactless flow, the delay before the Pay by Link QR code appears (default 5 seconds).
(Optional) Whether you want to set up 3D Secure.
Because the shopper is present and fraud is less likely, 3D Secure is not mandatory. But we still recommend you let us set up 3D Secure for you, to make use of the liability shift for fraud chargebacks.
The online (ecommerce) payment methods you want to add to your account or store.
We may need to configure settings for these payment methods before you can add them. For example, for Klarna we first need to set up automatic capture. Otherwise, it is set up with manual capture regardless of your capture settings.
- Your API credential username, for example ws@Company.TestCompany. Our Support Team will check that your API credential has the required permissions.
- Whether you want to enable the default flow or the automatic flow of in-store Pay by Link.
- Add one or more of the supported online payment methods to your point-of-sale merchant account or store.
Was this article helpful?
Find more details on this topic.Go to Adyen Docs