How to generate a new HMAC key?
Generate a new HMAC key
Before generating a new HMAC key, ensure you can still accept events signed with your previous HMAC key for some time, because:
- It can take some time to propagate the new key in our infrastructure.
- HMAC signatures are calculated when the event is created, so any webhook events queued before you save the new HMAC key are signed using your previous key.
- Log in to your Customer Area.
- Go to Developers > Webhooks
- Search by endpoint URL or WebhookID to find the webhook you want to update and select the edit icon.
- Go to Security and select the edit icon for HMAC key.
- Select Generate for a new key.
- Copy the HMAC key and store it securely in your system.
You won't be able to restore it later.
- Select Apply, and Save changes. changes
Tip: Read more on how to verify HMAC signatures.
Was this article helpful?
Learn more on this topic and practice what you’ve learned.Go to your Customer Area