How can a franchisee reprocess a cancelled transaction?
Retry a payment
It’s possible to retry a transaction that was initially successful and was later canceled in the Customer Area.
- Go to your Customer Area> Transactions > Payments.
- Open the payment you wish to retry, and open Operations.
Select Send cancel reversal.
This will undo the cancellation request, so afterwards you can capture this payment.
- Wait a few minutes and refresh the page.
- In Operations, select Send capture.
Note: There are some limitations to this functionality.
- Retrying depends on the card scheme and issuing bank. If a retry fails we advise you to contact the customer to start a new payment.
- Retrying can be used only if the initial Authorisation is still valid. Typically, an authorisation is valid for up to 28 days. If the authorization has expired it’s not possible to recapture.
Learn more on this topic and practice what you’ve learned.Go to Essentials