How do I set up Giving in-store?
Setting up in-person donations with Giving
If you want to give customers the opportunity to donate at your POS, you can set up Giving on your Adyen terminals.
To set up in-person donations, you need to go select In-person payments > Terminal settings > Payment features in the Customer Area and scroll to the bottom section called Adyen Giving.
Here, you can set the required settings:
- First, click Enable for the other settings to show up.
- Under Merchant account, select the account of the nonprofit you want to raise funds for (if you cannot find the relative account, please contact support).
- Under Charity name, select the nonprofit name that will show on your terminal.
- Under Amounts, type in the fixed donation amounts and the option to include a custom amount (optional).
- Under Timeout for giving screen, set time for the donation amounts to be shown to your customers.
After you save your configuration, it will take up to 3 hours until the terminals picks up the new configuration for Giving. We therefore recommend you to configure it when stores are closed, and at least 3 hours before stores open.
Testing in-person donations on your terminals
If you've set up Giving in-store, you can trial the solution on test terminals or implement a pilot in a selected store before expanding to other locations.
Terminals that support in-person donations
Giving can be activated on the Verifone and Android listed below.
Verifone Engage Series
*Round -up with an extra amount is not available for e285p given screen size restrictions