How can I set up Apple Pay for my account?
To integrate Apple Pay as a payment method you would first need to set up your server for secure communication with Apple Pay.
There are two ways to proceed after this step is completed:
With Adyen’s Apple Pay certificate
This method is quicker, with a simple implementation. You just need to enable Apple Pay in your live Customer Area:
- Log in and navigate to your merchant account.
- Go to Account > Payment methods > Request payment methods.
- Search for Apple Pay and fill in your main Shop website and (optionally) any Additional shop websites.
- Agree with the information provided and click Submit.
With your own Apple Pay certificate
Some extra steps are needed for this implementation. You can find detailed instructions about the setup with your own Apple Developer account and certificate on this page.
If Apple Pay does not show up in your checkout, check if all the conditions that need to be satisfied are true. In order for Apple Pay to show up, the following needs to be in order:
- You need to be in a supported country or region
- It needs to be on an eligible device with the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, watchOS or macOS
- You need to have an Apple ID signed in to iCloud
More information can be found on About Apple Pay and Apple Pay on the web.
Update your setup
Ready to update your setup? We'll direct you to the right place.Go to your Customer Area