How can I secure my point of sale?
Secure your point of sale
Security risks with in-person payments are related to the payment terminals (physical tampering, replacing terminals with tampered terminals).
- Maintain an inventory of active and inactive terminals, and review it regularly.
- Update your terminals to the latest software as soon as possible. We strongly suggest you use automatic updating.
Make sure that malicious actors can’t access your payment terminals.
- Place the terminals in a monitored environment, both during and outside of business hours. Be aware of suspicious activity around the terminal.
- Inspect your payment terminals to make sure they haven’t been tampered with. You must do this when you receive a new terminal and also at regular intervals after.
- Verify the identity of anyone who requests access to the terminal, for example individuals claiming to be repair or maintenance personnel. Adyen terminal maintenance staff will never arrive without prior arrangement, so check that maintenance is planned.
Tip: Learn what to do when a terminal is lost or stolen.
The integration security guide
Follow best practices to reduce security risks.View integration security guide