How do I integrate Adyen's POS payments securely?
Protect your business
When integrating with one of Adyen’s in-person payments solutions, you might want to consider certain security measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your customer’s card data as well as your company’s data.
How to reduce in-person payments integration risks
- Inspect and verify that the terminal hasn’t been tampered with. We recommend performing this inspection periodically.
- Periodically inspect and maintain your inventory of both active and inactive terminals.
- Be aware of suspicious activity around the terminal. Prevent physical tampering with terminals by placing them in monitored environments during and outside your business hours.
- Make sure to place the terminal in a way that makes it difficult to see what PIN the customer is entering. Pay special attention to reflective surfaces nearby, the position of any cameras, and the position of the cashier with respect to the payment terminal. In addition, make sure that your personnel always instructs the cardholder to hide their PIN while entering it into the terminal.
- Verify any individual claiming access to the payment terminal, for example, maintenance. In that case, also verify that the maintenance is planned.
- Update the terminal's firmware to the latest software as soon as possible. We strongly suggest you configure automatic updating.
Tip: Learn more about point of sale skimming, detection, and prevention in this detailed guide from PCI SSC.
The integration security guide
Follow best practices to reduce security risks.View integration security guide