How can I clean or disinfect my terminal?
How to clean your terminal
Before you begin, make sure your terminal is switched off and disconnected from the power.
- A clean microfiber cloth.
- A pH-neutral non-scrubbing soap (to clean).
- An alcohol-based cleaner, 70-90% isopropyl alcohol (to disinfect).
- Never use bleach, hydrogen peroxide, thinner, trichloroethylene, or ketone-based solvents. These substances can deteriorate rubber and plastic and damage your terminal.
- Don't vigorously scrub or shake the terminal.
- Don't vigorously rub the terminal with a dry towel or similar. This can cause an electrostatic discharge (ESD), which can trigger the tamper alert.
- Never pour or spray any liquid, sanitizer, or disinfectant directly onto the terminal.
- Don't clean the smart card reader. It could void any warranty.
- Avoid touching the battery contact points. This could lead to corrosion or poor connection.
- Turn off the payment terminal.
- Disconnect the terminal from power.
- Slightly dampen a clean microfiber cloth with water.
- Put a few drops of mild soap or alcohol-based cleaner on the dampened cloth. Don’t use any other cleaning product. Don’t apply the liquid directly to the terminal.
- Gently wipe the damp cloth over the keypad and display.
- After cleaning, gently wipe the terminal with a clean dry cloth.
- When the terminal is completely dry, reconnect it to power and turn it on.