How do I refund a payment from my POS terminal?
Activate refunds on terminals
- Log in to yourCustomer Area.
- Go to Point of Sale > Terminals.
- Open the detailed view of the terminal you wish to make the changes.
- Select Paymentfeatures > Refunds to see the current value of this setting.
Process refunds from your payment terminal
If you’re using a standalone terminal (don’t use any cash register software), you can still process payments and refunds using your payment terminal. You can complete referenced or unreferenced refunds from your payment terminal.
- Open the menu on your device:
- On a non-Android terminal,open the Admin menu, and select Transactions.
- On an Android terminal, select Transactions > History.
- Select the transaction you want to refund.
- Select the action to void (refund) the transaction.
The terminal will print a refund receipt. If successful, the refund is issued directly to the customer’s account.
- Open the special payments menu:
On a non-Android terminal, Select 8 and then the Confirm key .
Enter your Admin passcodeand the Confirm key.
- On an Android terminal, select Transactions > Newtransaction.
- Select Refund.
- Enter the value of the refund and confirm.
- Hand the terminal to the customer, so they can present their payment instrument and complete the refund.
- The terminal prints a refund receipt.
Tip: Learn more on more information on standalone refunds.