How do I refund a payment from my POS terminal?
Activate refunds on terminals
- Log in to yourCustomer Area.
- Go to Point of Sale > Terminals.
- Open the detailed view of the terminal you wish to make the changes.
- Select Paymentfeatures > Refunds to see the current value of this setting.
Process refunds from your payment terminal
If you’re using a standalone terminal (don’t use any cash register software), you can still process payments and refunds using your payment terminal. You can complete referenced or unreferenced refunds from your payment terminal.
Open the menu on your device:
- On a non-Android terminal,open the Admin menu, and select Transactions.
- On an Android terminal, select Transactions > History.
- Select the transaction you want to refund.
- Select the action to void (refund) the transaction.
The terminal will print a refund receipt. If successful, the refund is issued directly to the customer’s account.
Open the special payments menu:
On a non-Android terminal, Select 8 and then the Confirm key .
Enter your Admin passcodeand the Confirm key.
- On an Android terminal, select Transactions > Newtransaction.
- On a non-Android terminal, Select 8 and then the Confirm key .
- Select Refund.
- Enter the value of the refund and confirm.
- Hand the terminal to the customer, so they can present their payment instrument and complete the refund.
- The terminal prints a refund receipt.
Tip: Learn more on more information on standalone refunds.