What are the specific defense requirements?
To consider when defending a chargeback
Defense document requirements
- For all disputes defended in the Customer Area, you are able to upload one complete document for each chargeback.
- For acceptable defense document requirements, per scheme rules:
- By default, acceptable formats for documents are JPG (10MB), TIFF (10MB), or PDF (2MB).
- The maximum number of pages for an RFI is 4.
- For Mastercard disputes, the maximum number of pages for a defense document is 19
- For Diners and Discover, the maximum file size is 3MB.
If you missed the timeframe to defend the chargeback, we cannot submit your evidence (manually or in another form). Therefore, the dispute will be considered lost.
Credit card schemes do not accept uploads that are submitted after the allowed timeframe.
The requirements for defending against disputes vary depending on the reason for the dispute. For all types of dispute, you must provide documents with details of transactions to help you build a strong case to challenge the dispute.
To learn which documents to provide to defend against different types of disputes, please see our Docs page.
Please keep in mind, meeting the defense requirements does not guarantee that you will win the dispute.
Was this article helpful?
Find more details on this topic.Go to Adyen Docs