How do I read my invoice?
3 types of invoices
- Processing invoices
- Terminal Service invoices
- Terminal Sale invoices
Note: If you can’t open the invoice, you might not have the right user role. Please reach out to your admin user to get access.
- Log in to your Customer Area.
- Go to Finance > Invoices > View the preferred invoice.
Tip: If you have ‘Receive via email’ enabled, you’ll receive the PDF invoice at the beginning of next month.
How to read the PDF invoices
Your invoice includes the following pages:
- A summary page for the previous month's transaction fees and commissions.
- A detail page with tables for calculated and already deducted amounts.
Invoice summary page
The Still Due amount may be positive or negative. In the payment instructions section you can find further information on the follow-up steps you need to make to balance any existing differences. In either case, differences are rectified in the following settlement batch.
Calculated and collected fees may differ due to:
- Tiered pricing: during the month you will be charged at the lowest tier.
- Transactions at the end of the month: Commission fees may be charged in the following month.
- Price changes introduced during the month.
Invoice detail page
The second page contains a table showing how the totals on the summary page are calculated. The resulting amount in the bottom-right cell equals the invoice total, VAT excluded.
The already deducted table on the invoice contains the total charges already deducted from earlier settlements. These amounts are in the settlement reports as well, so you can verify the charges have been settled.
How to read the online invoices
To view a specific invoice, click on the row of the invoice. In this online invoice you see a breakdown of all the fees (processing fees, payment method, others). For each payment method, you can see:
- Adyen fees, Interchange, or Scheme fees
- the transaction count
- the total fees we already deducted
If you’re viewing a company level invoice, you can see the additional line Invoices on merchant accounts. These are all the amounts that we deducted from merchant level accounts and will be therefore deducted from the company level invoice.
Tip: For a detailed explanation of the various fees found on the invoices, read more in this article.
Was this article helpful?
Learn more on this topic and practice what you’ve learned.Go to your Customer Area