What is the Visa Marketplace program?
Visa Marketplace program
The Visa Marketplace Program requires acquirers to register their marketplace clients with Visa. The program has several components.
- Marketplace: an entity that brings together buyers and retailers, and handles payments on the retailers’ behalf.
- Retailer: an individual or business selling goods or services.
- Foreign retailer: a retailer based in a different country/region than the one where the marketplace conducted the sale.
- Foreign retailer volume: marketplace transaction volume generated by foreign retailers with domestic issuers (the issuer is in the same country/region as the marketplace).
- As part of the Visa Marketplace Program, the acquirer is subject to provide reporting for marketplaces that have foreign retailers through quarterly submission of the Marketplace Quarterly Reporting Form for marketplaces.
- The quarterly reports are usually due within the first 15 calendar days after the end of each calendar quarter.
Was this article helpful?
The PCI DSS compliance guide
Find a handy glossary and all PCI DSS rules in Adyen Docs.View compliance guide