Why doesn’t my payment method show up in checkout?
Local payment methods in checkout
When integrating new payment methods it’s possible they don’t show up in checkout. This is common with a few local and wallet payment methods because certain requirements have to be met before they’re visible in checkout.
Local payment methods (LPM) are decided by the countryCode in the API request. For example, if the countryCode = NL is passed, iDeal will be visible whereas Giropay won’t.
Check the checkout settings
- Verify that the payment method and the correct variant is configured on your merchant account (in test or live environment).
- Ensure the payment method shows up in your checkout settings for the desired country.
- Using a plugin? Check the payment method is supported by the plugin version you use.
Integration or request related
- countryCode: ensure you’re passing the correct country code if required for the payment method. To decide on this, use the specific payment method documentation.
- allowedPaymentMethods: check you don’t have any server side configurations to restrict the payment method from showing up in checkout. The same applies for blockedPaymentMethods.
- SDK version: check that the SDK version used supports the payment method. New payment methods may not be supported by older versions of the SDK.
Apple Pay does not show up: ensure your device and browser are compatible with Apple Pay.
- If you’re using Adyen’s own certificate, ensure you use Checkout API v65 or later. The minimum required checkout SDK version is 3.18.
- Confirm the domain used to host Apple Pay matches the merchantShopURL configured.
Local payment methods
Klarna: Verify the Klarna variant in question is supported in the country.
- Ensure you’re passing the lineItems parameter as shown in our documentation.
- The shopper country information and the currency of the payment have to match. For example, if you have a customer in Denmark, they have to pay in DKK.
Minimum and maximum amount limits: some payment methods have minimum and maximum transaction amounts that can depend on the currency. To troubleshoot, ensure you're passing a transaction amount that’s supported by the payment method.
- Transaction rules: if you previously requested to prevent a payment method from showing up in checkout below or above a certain amount, reach out to support.
Update your setup
Ready to update your setup? We'll direct you to the right place.Go to your Customer Area