How do I add or close stores for my POS account?
Do you have the right user role?
Please check whether you have the following user role:
Merchant POS Terminal Management Admin
What is a store?
A store is used to assign your transactions to different entities under your merchant account. Payment terminals are assigned to stores, so any transactions are automatically assigned to that store and can easily be searched and filtered within your Customer Area. Merchant accounts can have one or several stores.
Create a store
- Log in to your Customer Area.
- Go to Point of sale > Stores.
- Select Add stores.
- Select the merchant account that you want to add a store to. The form now shows the country-based payment methods that we configure for the store by default.
- To add more payment methods:
- Select Edit payment methods.
- In the side panel, select the checkboxes of the payment methods to add
- Select Confirm.
- For payment methods that are not listed in the panel, see Add payment methods to your account.
- Select Add store and in the side panel complete the fields with the details of your store
- To add more stores under the same merchant account with the same payment methods, repeat selecting Add store and completing the store details.
- Select Submit. The store is added immediately.
Close a store
If one of your stores is permanently closed, you can send a request to our support to have it closed in the Adyen system. In the email, indicate the merchant account name, the store ID, and the date of the store closure.
Update your setup
Ready to update your setup? We'll direct you to the right place.Go to your Customer Area