How can I check if a refund has been received by the shopper?
Check a refund status
- Log in to your Customer Area.
- Go to Transactions > Payments.
- In the Search box, enter the original PSP reference, and then go to Payment Lifecycle to see the latest status.
- Refunded: The funds returned to the customer's bank.
- RefundedExternally: The external acquirer confirms the funds returned to the customer's bank.
- RefundedBulk: The refund was processed successfully and the funds are with the shopper.
- SentForRefund:The request to refund the payment back to the shopper has been sent to the financial institution.
- RefundReversed: The customer didn’t receive the funds. The funds returned to Adyen and are back in your account. The customer's bank account may no longer be valid.
- RefundFailed: The customer didn’t receive the funds. An issue took place, and the funds are still in your account.
Note: The RefundedAcquirer and RefundedBulk are equivalent to 'Refunded'.
Note: Customers can track their refunds with the Acquirer Reference Number (ARN), for most credit card transactions. If a customer can’t see their refund, ask them to contact their bank and have their ARN or refund letter ready.
Tip: You can download and send a refund letter to your shopper (for Visa and Mastercard ecommerce credit cards).
Was this article helpful?
Learn more on this topic and practice what you’ve learned.Go to your Customer Area